Saturday, February 13, 2010

When My Mom Let's Me Drink Coffee

I have a Starbuck's addiction. Earl Grey lattes are heavenly nectar and red velvet cupcakes my chosen ambrosia. If I wasn't going to have a butt the size of Texas, I'd probably indulge every day. As it is, I stop by just a little too much. So much, in fact, that a few of our local Starbucks know my order without me saying it. This is normal right? If you need more evidence of my addiction, there are two of my local Bucks of the Star (as we call it at my house sometimes) that know Milo's order.

Which got me thinking? What the heck have I done to my kid? He used to get a boxed chocolate or vanilla milk and madelines every time we went. More recently, it's been a vanilla steamer and -like mother, like son- a red velvet cupcake. Sometimes, we go to Starbucks because Milo says "Mom, don't you want a London Fog (original name for the Earl Grey latte)" which is code for "Mom, I need a vanilla steamer, STAT." The barista even asked Milo when he was going to switch to vanilla lattes. Vanilla lattes, really? He's seven.

Milo told him he's switching when his mom will let him drink coffee. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. During the summer we wouldd walk to Starbucks for breakfast a couple times a week. I got my nonfat latte and brought my Fiber One bar while the kids would have a sausage and egg sandwich and a water. One day Drew said, "I don't want sausage! I want bacon!" I said, "Listen here, THREE YEAR OLD! You are at Starbucks for breakfast for God's sake. You don't get to make demands." Man, both our kids have the best life. I remember when mom would say yes to a 25 cent snowcone at the Little League park. That was like freakin' Christmas!

    ReplyDelete