Friday, February 26, 2010

8:30

It's 8:30 on a Friday night. Gavin and I are having some tea. Milo is already asleep. And I think I am going to bed soon myself. I suppose I should feel old or something, but I don't. I could have gone to Taste of the Town. A lot of my friends are there. Or Gavin and I could have gotten a sitter and had a nice little dinner at one of Burlingame's great restaurants. But we stayed home and I'm glad we did. It's quiet here. The dishwasher is running. There is quiet music playing somewhere. It's peaceful at home.

I end the week with a little poetry, a few lines from one of my favorites by Rudyard Kipling that sums up how things went for me.

"...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on'..."

Night, everyone. I hope your weekend treats you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment