Sunday, March 7, 2010

This Sucks

I have psoriatic arthritis. I do many things to deal with my "condition" (God, that sounds so...I don't know...serious). Acupuncture, diet, disease modifying drugs, and exercise all work together to make my arthritis a non-issue. I get to go on with my life, do what I want to do, and give myself an injection once every two weeks. No sweat. Except tonight, I am supposed to be at baseball practice and pizza with the new team. And I am not.

The last couple of months have been rougher than normal. I've been sleeping a lot on the weekends to deal with the exhaustion that accumulates throughout the week. Of course, I could try to slow down my life so I didn't get so tired. But then I'd have to rename my blog. I'd also be bored; I actually like all the stuff I do. Sometimes, I claim I am overwhelmed and every so often I am legitimately so. To be honest, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if my life wasn't go-go-go. I've been operating with a million irons in the fire for as long as I can remember.

Generally, I don't stop for being tired. I do have to stop when I have pain. That's what is going on today. I can't stand up straight, my left foot feels like it's breaking every time I step on it, and my hips just hurt. Luckily, my hands are just swollen and don't hurt (yet?!?) so I can vent a little here.

I haven't been as good about diet and exercise as I should lately. Time to kick it back up a notch. And time to stop bitchin'. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment