Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Milo Joseph August Duncan



Last year, on his birthday, Milo woke up and said, "I'm odd!". He was referring to the fact that he was now seven. But it was an interesting way to say good morning.

He likes swimming, baseball, soccer, world history, Legos, video games, heavy metal (thanks to my husband) and has an interesting sense of humor. Case in point, in kindergarten, all the kids had to make gingerbread people decorated any way they chose. Some kids made Christmasy creations; a lot of the little girls over-dosed on glitter. My son? He made Darth Ginger. Which I, OF COURSE, put on our Christmas card.



I took Milo to his first day of preschool when he was 3. By the time I had parked the car, he had unbuckled his car seat and was trying to open the door (thank goodness for child rear door locks). Anyway, I opened the door and he shot out like a rocket, ran up the steps, and was astonished to see me behind him. He looked at me and said, "I got this, Mom. You can leave now." I made him give me a hug and kiss. And then I went and sat in my car and cried.

Every year with Milo has been a gift. Every precious little moment is a treasure. I'm lucky to be his mom. I'm also grateful for modern medicine. A very talented team of doctors kept Milo and I alive on March 3, 2002 so that I could say...



Happy Birthday, Bunky Space Beaver. You make my world a better place.

1 comment: