Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He Sleeps

I am a firm believer in children being active, not over-scheduled, but active. Today, however, was ridiculous for my kid.

Baseball season just started and Milo had practice for an hour and a half. That was after a 45 minute swim practice and before a 30 minute private swim lesson. The upside: he fell asleep at 8:35. The downside: he had McDonald's for dinner (which I am certain he burned off...can't say the same for me!).

Milo loves sports and they are good for him. He feels successful and he gets to be with kids his own age. Tonight, he earned his freestyle ribbon. That means he has two ribbons left: butterfly and breaststroke. After that, he will only swim with his team four days a week. Baseball practice moves to Wednesday with games on Saturdays. Did I mention he plays basketball on Fridays? Somewhere amongst all of these sports we do homework, read together, and eat dinner. We're also trying to figure out how to fit in music lessons. Maybe adding something to his schedule is just not in the cards, but Milo really wants to learn how to play the electric guitar. Time will tell. For now, my little Rennaisance man sleeps.

1 comment: